The syllabus of the examination NEET is as vast as an ocean, and you need to know the exact location to fish the best output.
- Cut down on extra information and focus on important topics.
- Since we know NEET exam covers NCERT syllabus as well, you can compare the syllabus with your Board exam syllabus. It is beneficial for you if there are common chapters as you will not need to prepare them separately. This will give you ample time to concentrate on the parts of the syllabus that are not covered. Important Focus Areas for NEET 2018 are: Physics Mechanics, Optics, Thermodynamics and Nuclear Physics Chemistry Mole Concept, General Organic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding, Coordination Chemistry Biology-Ecology and Environment, Genetics, Cell Biology; Morphology,
- You should prepare study notes for NEET, solve previous years question papers and take mock tests to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Come up with an effective study plan Time is priceless.
- Goal setting can be used as a strategy to help aspirants bring positive changes into their lives. In order to implement the setting of a goal, make sure to ask oneself some questions: What is my goal? Is my goal realistic? How much effort has to be put in to fulfill my goal? Until and unless you make a complete and thorough schedule of the way you want to study, you will not be able to complete the syllabus.
- Try and work hard more on the weaker areas to strengthen them. If required, take help from a friend or senior or take extra classes for the subject. It will help in overcoming the fear of your weakness effectively. Practice mock test papers
- One of the greatest challenges of the NEET examination is the time limitation. Students have to finish 180 questions in 180 minutes (3 hours). It means they can give a maximum of 1 minute per question. Time management is a mandatory skill that is required for this exam.
- It is essential to realize that one cant maintain an optimum level of concentration without taking an optimum break to recover. But beware that you dont bring the breaks on a higher priority than studies. Breaks can be in the form of a ten-minute walk, a trip to the gym, having a chat with a friend or simply taking a small nap.
- Use New Technologies There are many people who study by highlighting in the textbooks and making notes with a pen on a scrap of paper. These methods still find their place and importance, but there are countless options for personalising study than ever before.
- Do not fall for guesswork Many candidates have the tendency of taking the guesswork route for solving questions they dont know. However, it might prove risky in this case as there is negative marking for a wrong answer. It is recommended to leave a question completely if you do not know the right answer.
- Health is everything Its crucial to evaluate yourself both physically and mentally. Take control and plan for bringing in the balance. This will help you to be happier and more productive. Avoid junk and oily foods and switch to healthy diet plans. Do meditation and yoga exercises for better concentration.
- Positivity is imperative Your attitude decides the effectiveness of the learning process. If you possess a negative approach and keep saying that you cant do it, then this wont commit to the idea of learning. A grumbling approach will only make things difficult. The moment you start thinking positively, your brain will show greater activity. A right frame of mind also makes you feel less anxious and more open to new ideas.
All the Best!!